4 Introduction to the depth of far UVC lamp
1) Far UVC lamp sterilization advantages
1. High-efficiency sterilization: sterilization and inactivation of bacteria and germs is generally completed within seconds and occurs almost instantaneously.
2. Broad-spectrum sterilization: almost all bacteria and viruses can be killed with high efficiency.
3. No secondary pollution: no other chemical pollutants produced.
The germicidal efficiency of far UV light for common bacteria and viruses is shown in the following table.
2) UV band classification
According to UV wavelength classification.
UVA: 315-400 nm (near-ultraviolet NUV365-400nm), applications include curing, photocatalytic purification, anti-counterfeiting, and other fields.
UVB: 280-315 nm, applications include light health / medical, plant growth light regulation, etc.
UVC: 200-280 nm (solar blind – “day blind” ultraviolet), used in applications such as water, air sterilization
3) Ultraviolet disinfection principle
UV disinfection technology is based on the research basis of modern epidemiology, medicine, and photodynamics, and is realized by using specially designed high-efficiency, high-intensity, and long-life UVC-band UV lamps. UV radiation damages and destroys the function of nucleic acids through the radiation of microorganisms (bacteria, viruses, bacteriophages, and other pathogens), thus killing the microorganisms and achieving the purpose of disinfection and sterilization, and the inactivation effect depends on the UV radiation dose.